Wednesday, July 20, 2011

out of everything i went to town for

i got t-shirts and belts today. There were NO wool sweaters or flannel sheets to be found. I could also not find the RIT dye in walmart anywhere! After 5hours, 3 buses, and a loooootttt of walking with a cranky non-napping toddler who just wanted to run in traffic, i feel very unaccomplished.

especially since i started early in hopes of getting home with enough energy to clean the house and start cutting pattern pieces for bags and hats so they are ready to go.

But no. H. Is napping for another hour, the dishes are getting neglected and Im nursing a headache with my feet up. Hubs should be home around 11 tonight, so the little lady will get to see him for a while before i put her down for a late bedtime.

I'm also kind of hoping this rain keeps up because if it does, then M doesn't have to work, and if he doesnt have to work, I get to keep him home for the day to help me clean and organize the house (which is in desperate need), and drive me around to get a load of groceries (also in desperate need) ...and you know, hang out with his lovable wifey and baby girl:D

Speaking of baby girl...Ok, H looks like a GIRL. Sure she isn't dainty, but please...she has girl written all over her. Now, I'm not a huge girly, princess, pink this-and-that, with fluff and flowers fan. both M and I were pretty diligent on keeping her wardrobe as feminine as possible with a large colour palate. I like browns and greens on girls. H looks amazing in orange and grays. And purple, well that should just be a staple in any wardrobe, male or female. Sure she has some pink too--a dress, t-shirt here and there, some girly shoes (although, even girly BABY shoes are usually more fashionable than practical so she doesnt wear those much). But no matter what I dress her in, PINK OR OTHERWISE she is a "handsome" or "darling" little boy.

Scenario:
Random lady at bus stop: "Oh what a darling little guy you have there! How old is he?"
Me: "SHE is 13 months" takes off her girly green stripy poncho revealing a pink tshirt with ruffly sleeves.
Random Lady: "Wow he's big for his age! What's his name"
Me: Stares blankly..."Yeah she is a big girl! Gonna be tall. Her name is Hallie."
Random Lady: raises an eyebrow..."Hallie??...."
Looks at me like "what kind of name is that for a little boy?!"

Random Lady: "What a sweet little guy you are!"

ugh...


btw i fixed the comments section so anyone can comment now :)

2 comments:

  1. I think Random Lady needs someone to help manage her meds! As for baby wardrobes, I dressed two of my boys in orange and purple from babyhood and they still love those colours at ages 22 and 10! My second son is very Scottish-looking - auburn hair, pale skin & freckles and looks terrible in those colours so his brights are rusty orange and tomato red. I hope you manage to get a decent spot of relaxation - you deserve it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a big ol white flannel sheet if you would like it.

    ReplyDelete