Monday, July 18, 2011

bleck

I've been sick, and so very, very exhausted the past couple days.

My 30 day challenge kind of went on vacation! :S sorry! I promise there will be something posted tonight! :)

I've been working on diapers for miss h. the past couple nights. I need need NEED to find some wool sweaters/or just wool fabric (im thinking wool camping blanket that i can felt) to make covers cause her econobum. and Flip brand covers LEAK so incredibly much now. They were fine for the first 9 months.. then they decided to all die at the same time. yay

I've been working on a couple different ideas with regular old flat diapers. I LOVE these diapers. So versatile, easy to clean, last from birth to potty training... *LITTERALLY* not like "one size" prefolds that no longer work for us. Or the one size covers that we got that busted out after a year. And best of all cheap as all hell and easy to make.

I want to get some RIT dye and some more fabric this week, along with wool and make up a couple sets with my new design ideas, to put up on etsy. Maybe by friday? I've seen a lot of people lately looking for cloth diapers for cheap here in town, I could probably make up a tutorial, or even get together with some people that would like to give them a try and teach them how they work.

Another thing I NEED to have up this week.. i'm thinking more like tonight, are my blackberry picking bags. Have you seen the copious amounts of berries that are coming in this year!? Thanks to the warm and rainy weather we have been having this summer we are gonna be eating blackberries till next year :D So Now is the perfect time to start promoting my bags.

They are made from thrifted t-shirts, and fused plastic bags. The plastic insert is removable so you can wash the bag easliy, and both the insert and the bag itself has eyelet drain holes for any extra water or just that might accumulate while picking!

I really think these bags will be a big hit, especially here, with Blackberry Festival just a month away! (Which also means our 1 year wedding anniversary! <3<3)

I'm not really looking forward to tuesday night - wednesday night cause M is going away for a funeral in the city and I'm spending my first night parenting alone. But, on wednesday I'm actually gonna get to town to thrift around (more t-shirts, wool sweaters, flannel sheets, leather belts, fleece, dye, and some wool roving FOR MY DREADS!!! *can you tell im excited? I've only waited to get them for two months now!* btw this is my mental list of what I need to buy :P) It's going to be a rather long day....

anyways, my legs are going numb so im gonna go do...something...if i can convince my snot-bag self that I have the energy!

-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment