Wednesday, July 13, 2011

30 day challenge

I have SO SO SO much fabric that needs to be used...not to mention NOTHING on my etsy at the moment. Go figure! ^.^

So, for the next 30 days I will add one(- two) item(s) per night to my etsy for sale. Items will be up by midnight--my usual quitting time.

Tonight, there will be more than one item posted (perhaps 4-5).. but really, who wants to look at an etsy with only one thing on it??

In other news, I am now a Daily Editor on Refashion Co-op!! Exciting! :D Maybe after a few contributions on there I will boost my follower number. Blogging to just one person is kind of depressing...but thanks for the support Kelly!! :)

Here are a few things that will be up for sale in the next couple days:


I'm in love with making these bags! This one was made for my lovely sister-in-law. They are made entirely of recycled fabric and accessories. To be specific, upcycled upholstery fabric. I obtained two giant totes full of upholstery swatches from my aunts last week, and started creating! I'm waiting on photos of this one and the other one I made for my mother-in-law for birthday presents, in action so I can post to my etsy.

These bags are fully lined, have an inside pocket, and can come with your choice of long or short strap. The straps are made from coordinating scrap fabric or vintage belts. This style is my medium sized bag, and is $45. Dimensions and other info will be available on etsy at midnight tonight. By midnight tomorrow, I will have another size available.As always, upcycled t-shirt hats are available in baby, kids and adult sizes, and two (soon to be three) styles. I'm in the process of going over my pricing on items but they range from $12-$15 depending on style and size.


Now how about a refashion? :) This garment will be for sale on etsy tonight as well! (just a but of fine tuning in the fitting to do)
So this ugly is what the dress looked like when I found it in the back of my grandma's closet. It's from the early 80's if not prior.
So i hiked the waist line to the bust, cut it into a deep v-neck, made halter straps and shirred the back for a comfy fit. I also shortened the whole thing about 12" to the knee-ish area.
The bust still needs some finishing touches, but I think she's super sweet. (Judy when did you become Iron Man???)

BTW..that bag hanging in the background of the last picture is another item going to be up at midnight tonight. It's my upcycled t-shirt, berry picking bag, lined with a removable fused plastic insert. There will be a post on this later.

Anyways, trying to type as quietly as possible so i don't wake my baby isnt working so well anymore. Have a nice rainy rainy day!

cheers
-e.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erika
    I just popped over to look at your blog and say hello . I like the blog a lot! I edit Refashion Co-op on mondays so if there's anything I can do to help you settle in to the new role, let me know. I would make you a cup of coffee on your first duty morning but I am in the UK :(
    Debbiex PS I blog here: http://wwww.minnado.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie! Ok so i just decided to check comments cause it never tells me when I have them anymore..sorry for the delayed reply! :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete