Tuesday, June 14, 2011

waiting patiently

for my adjustable dress form that my lovely husband bought me for my birthday. I was already supposed to have it but the damn thing got sent all the way to Edmonton instead of to the coast...how do you send it to a completely different province!?!

Anyways.. that's pretty much what is keeping me from making some killer dresses right now. I have so many designs in my head and on paper. I just need to make some. I also need some cash to spend on fabric so i can make some more. Even if its just some thrifted vintage gowns that i can upcycle.

We drove past a little bungalow last night with a big "For Rent" sign on it. Such a cute little house. It didn't say how much the rent was, but we took the number down and hubs is calling today to find out how much, and if we can go see it.

We could make the place that we are in work, but the landlord wants to sell (or move back..depending on circumstances for her) so we might as well keep our eyes open in the mean time till we know when. If we find something, it's not like we can't give our notice.

I'm really hoping though, that this other opportunity that was discussed today works out. I wont go into details as not to jinx it, but I'll let you know when I know.

So H. is currently napping, and I am blogging and surfing trying to figure out what to do for my friends baby shower that I'm going to tonight. I am such a procrastinator! It's my worst problem. I'm not sure what she needs or wants, and I can't think of anything to make her that is gender neutral that she would enjoy. I'm thinking I might just make her a necklace and earrings and tell her she can order anything she likes from my shop for her babes and ill make it for her and send it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment